UN panel aims for a ‘future worth choosing’
Jan 30, 2012
Richard Black, BBC News
Growing inequality, environmental decline and “teetering” economies mean the world must change the way it does business, a UN report concludes.
Health and education must improve, it says. Subsidies on fossil fuels should end, and governments must look beyond the standard economic indicator of GDP.
The High-Level Panel on Global Sustainability was established in 2010 by UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon.
Its report will feed into discussions leading to the Rio+20 summit in June.
It is being launched in Addis Ababa by its two co-chairs, Finnish President Tarja Halonen and her South African counterpart Jacob Zuma.
“With the possibility of the world slipping further into recession, policymakers are hungry for ideas that can help them to navigate these difficult times,” said Mr Zuma.
“Our report makes clear that sustainable development is more important than ever given the multiple crises now enveloping the world.”
Subsidies that damage environmental integrity would be phased out by 2020. The UN estimates that governments spend more than $400bn each year subsidising fossil fuels, while OECD countries alone spend nearly the same amount on agricultural subsidies.
In parallel, access to energy, clean water, sanitation and food would be increased, meeting the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and going beyond them.
When you hear folks talking about ‘global’ problems and ‘global’ solutions the devil is always in the details. Here are a few facts to consider after reading the above article:
- We do not elect anyone who works for the United Nations, nor can we have them removed from their positions should we discover they are corrupt or that they do not represent people but really represent global corporations!
- The United Nations was established by the globalists Rockefeller and Rothschilds (oil and banking cartels)
- The idea of ‘partnerships’ between living people and corporations is just a tactic of The Corporation’s ‘perception managers’. (Public Relations people are nothing more than propagandists and truly are the scum of the earth! They distort truth and tell lies (spin) to the public for a living! They are without conscience.)
- In all cases, corporations need to be subservient to humans NOT partners with – as corporations are merely dead legal fiction profit-generating machines!
- The United Nation’s Millienium Development Goals partners represent global corporate interests – not people. Just look at the partners listed: World Bank, World Trade Organization, International Monetary Fund. These are the same entities that John Perkins explained in his book Confessions of an Economic Hitman which describes the ongoing construction of the corporatocracy.
The people of the planet do have a common threat to us and our children’s future that the United Nations will NEVER mention, that is the growing global corporatocracy.