Dr. Marcia Angell, nybooks.com
June 15, 2009
Recently Senator Charles Grassley, ranking Republican on the Senate Finance Committee, has been looking into financial ties between the pharmaceutical industry and the academic physicians who largely determine the market value of prescription drugs. He hasn’t had to look very hard.
Take the case of Dr. Joseph L. Biederman, professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and chief of pediatric psycho-pharmacology at Harvard’s Massachusetts General Hospital. Thanks largely to him, children as young as two years old are now being diagnosed with bipolar disorder and treated with a cocktail of powerful drugs, many of which were not approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for that purpose and none of which were approved for children below ten years of age.
Legally, physicians may use drugs that have already been approved for a particular purpose for any other purpose they choose, but such use should be based on good published scientific evidence. That seems not to be the case here. Biederman’s own studies of the drugs he advocates to treat childhood bipolar disorder were, as The New York Times summarized the opinions of its expert sources, “so small and loosely designed that they were largely inconclusive.”1
In June, Senator Grassley revealed that drug companies, including those that make drugs he advocates for childhood bipolar disorder, had paid Biederman $1.6 million in consulting and speaking fees between 2000 and 2007. Two of his colleagues received similar amounts. After the revelation, the president of the Massachusetts General Hospital and the chairman of its physician organization sent a letter to the hospital’s physicians expressing not shock over the enormity of the conflicts of interest, but sympathy for the beneficiaries: “We know this is an incredibly painful time for these doctors and their families, and our hearts go out to them.” Continue reading
Robert Kennedy, Jr, ecowatch.com
Nov. 21, 2016
Last month, The Hill published a letter sent by “more than a dozen” senior Center for Disease Control (CDC) scientists charging the agency with nursing an atmosphere of pervasive research fraud.
The group, which claimed to represent scientists across the CDC’s diverse branches, calls itself SPIDER (Scientists Preserving Integrity, Diligence and Ethics in Research). The letter to CDC Chief of Staff, Carmen Villar, expressed alarm “about the current state of ethics at our agency.” The scientists complained that “our mission is being influenced and shaped by outside parties and rogue interests” and “circumvented by some of our leaders.”
The scientists told Villar that, “questionable and unethical practices, occurring at all levels and in all of our respective units, threaten to undermine our credibility and reputation as a trusted leader in public health.” The letter charged that staff level scientists “are intimidated and pressed to do things they know are not right,” and that, “Senior management officials at CDC are clearly aware and even condone these behaviors.”
The scientists cited several recent scandals involving scientific corruption at CDC.
- They describe a “cover up,” by officials, of mismanagement in CDC’s Wise Woman Program, which provides screening in low income neighborhoods for heart disease, diabetes and other chronic health disorders. According to the letter, CDC officials purposefully misrepresented screening numbers in documents they sent to Congress to conceal failures in the multimillion dollar project. “… definitions were changed and data ‘cooked’ to make the results look better than they were.” The scientists accused high level CDC bosses of suppressing the results of an internal review, involving staff across the CDC, “so media and/or Congressional staff would not become aware of the problems.” As part of the systematic cover up, CDC then engaged in a coordinated effort to “bury” these deceptions. “CDC staff has gone out of its way to delay FOIAs and obstruct any inquiry.”
- The scientists also complain about the “troubling” adventures of Dr. Barbara Bowman, director of CDC’s Division for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention, and Dr. Michael Pratt, Senior Advisor for Global Health at the NCCDPHP. Bowman recently left the CDC following shocking media disclosures that the pair had manipulated scientific studies on soft drink safety in collusion with Coca Cola. The CDC flimflam was part of Coke’s campaign to pressure the World Health Organization to relax guidelines for sugar consumption by children in developing nations where the soda industry is aggressively expanding its markets.
The scientists complain that the “climate of disregard” at CDC puts “many” agency scientists in difficult positions. “We are often directed to do things we know are not right.” The public record supports SPIDER’s allegations that scientists who insist on research integrity suffer persecution by CDC supervisors. Continue reading
EVERYONE IN AMERICA HAS BEEN TARGETED BY SOCIAL ENGINEERS SINCE BIRTH!
By AL Whitney © copyround 2016
Permission is granted for redistribution if linked to original and AntiCorruption Society is acknowledged.
The degradation of our culture has been ongoing for many years. Has everyone noticed the changes in our TV shows and our movies? A good example is the smarmy little sitcom called Two and a Half Men as compared to morally based programs like The Andy Griffith Show or The Mary Tyler Moore Show.
The advancement of pornography and sexually titillating programs into our theaters – and homes – was not intended to enhance marriage by liberating our society from sexual inhibitions, but was intentionally implanted to distract us from the ongoing destruction of our freedom and economic security. Sex, like any obsession or addiction, can be used as a band-aid to help people cope with the ever growing loss of income, free will and self expression as a small group of ruthless men seek to steal and control all resources on our planet . . . including “human resources”. It is their goal to control all activity to insure their own interests and supremacy by stealth. And, they admitted their diabolical plans – including secrecy, slavery and genocide – in Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars (Air Force Technical Manual 1979). This manual is indeed a who, what, where, when and how description of the take down of America. It even sites Rothschild (called the King of the Jews by many) as its inspiration. If you haven’t yet read it, do it now. It is invaluable information for everyone.
Dr. Jones has been researching the degradation of society and the weakening of natural law for decades. He shared his findings brilliantly in this interview:
Strategies for restoring a civilized society:
- Don’t watch any TV program that denigrates men, women or children
- Avoid pornography
- Don’t engage in sexual activity that harms or disrespects anyone
- Don’t pay good money to go into a theater to watch sex, murder and mayhem
- Clean up your language. Speak to everyone in a G-rated fashion
- Refresh your mind. Read: Charles Dickens, Jane Austen, Victor Hugo, Mark Twain, Louisa May Alcott, or Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Protect children from sexual exploitation and premature sexual exposure in every way you can
Lets do our best to make sure everyone understands that if the Money-Monsters succeed in destroying our civilized society, everyone else loses.
B.A.R. ATTORNEYS ARE SELF APPOINTED AND HAVE NO LICENSES
By David-William, thelibertybeacon.com
April 15, 2016
Connecticut Attorney, Simeon E. Baldwin, invited a group of 100 Attorneys from 21 states and the District of Columbia to meet on the 21st day of August of 1878, at Saratoga Springs, New York, to organize the American B.A.R. Association. Most of the men were elite corporate lawyers. Author Jethro K. Lieberman described early ABA membership: “You could become an invitee to membership if you were white, Protestant and native born, preferably with a British surname, and attended the elite law schools such as Harvard, Yale and Columbia; only then did you have a chance of prospering. Catholics, Jews, women and blacks were automatically excluded from membership. This exclusion was necessary to the elite bar’s sense of identity. Any fraternity is defined not only by whom it accepts but also by whom it excludes. The Association also pinned the stigma of immorality on the lower class of lawyers as shysters who talked, dressed and acted differently.”
In 1902 the ABA quit meeting regularly at Saratoga Springs; from that point to 1936 it met in different cities as a means to attract new members. Thus ABA membership grew to 29,008 in 1936. Other statistics demonstrated the same story. The bar went from just two sections, each with two officers, to 14 sections with 960 officers in 1935. The number of committees rose from 18 in 1902 to 27 in 1935. Membership revenues in those years increased from $8,255 to $197,877.66.
The ABA’s fight against the New Deal led more liberal attorneys to start their own society called the National Lawyers Guild. A mixture of populists, Marxists, and progressive attorneys, mostly on the East Coast, formed the guild in 1937. This move was also motivated by the fact that the ABA represented a largely elite base of lawyers associated with big business while ignoring the legal needs of the lower classes and minorities.
In 1950, the 81st Congress investigated the Lawyers Guild and determined that the B.A.R. Association is founded and run by communists under definition. Thus, any elected official that is a member of the B.A.R. will only be loyal to the B.A.R. and not the people.